If you think about it a new word is pretty much invented every day and while we still don’t know the correct pronunciation of GIF,
Merriam -Webster has added over 850 new words to the dictionary! Most of these terms are slang terms that have grown in popularity the past five years that Merriam _Webster believes are used in everyday situation!
Here are some of the best words being added to the dictionary this year:
- Dumpster Fire - "An utterly calamitous or mismanaged situation or occurrence."
- Life Hack - "A usually simple and clever tip or technique for accomplishing some familiar task more easily and efficiently."
- Kombucha - "A somewhat effervescent beverage prepared by fermenting kombucha with black or green tea and sugar."
- Subtweet - "A usually mocking or critical tweet that alludes to another Twitter user without including a link to the user's account."
- Hate-watch - "To watch and take pleasure in laughing at or criticizing (a disliked television show, movie, etc.)."
- Self-Care - "Care for oneself."
- Glamping - "Outdoor camping with amenities and comforts (such as beds, electricity, and access to indoor plumbing) not usually used when camping."
There are hundreds of more words being added to the dictionary, but now that you know a few hopefully you can cause less dumpster fires in your life!!
IMAGE: Getty, Giphy